Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I recently replaced the driver side folding mirror on my '04

Customer Question

I recently replaced the driver side folding mirror on my '04 lincoln navigator. Now it does not work properly. How do I calibrate it?
JA: What year is your Navigator?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was replaced by an auto body shop. I am hoping to calibrate myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Press the auto fold mirror switch to fold the mirrors in ^ Wait a short period (8 seconds), press the switch down again to auto unfold the mirrors back out ^ Listen for a loud popping noise, indicating resetting of the mirrors is complete. If a pop is not heard, repeat the procedure until the pop is heard.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem is with the REVERSE mirrors which was replaced on the driver side
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The complete driver side mirror was replaced. Now it { the reverse feature } does not work properly
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, you only mentioned folding mirror, not the automatic reverse tilt down feature. Unfortunately, Ford does not have a DIY calibration for this feature. The ONLY way to calibrate it is with a WDS scan tool, which is a Ford factory level scan tool and software.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.