HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician

On my 2011 Lincoln, I can't the trunk to open with the key

Customer Question

On my 2011 Lincoln, I can't the trunk to open with the key or the button on the door.
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model of your '11 Lincoln?
Customer: signature series
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just tried to open it several times. It trys to open but it just opens a little and makes a noise then stops.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Is there a way to open the trunk without the automatic buttons? I have had nothing but trouble with my trunki ever since I got my car. Usually Ijust couldn't get it to close. It was working great until this morming and I am on vacation and I really need to get into my trunk.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 4 months ago.

Hello, you should be able to lower the rear seats and gain access to the trunk by pulling on the emergency release cable inside. If its not working with the release button or key fob, then it is most likely a failed trunk release actuator.

Expert:  HDGene replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGene replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?