Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Press on brake, press start button, dash flashes, FRONT

Customer Question

Press on brake, press start button, dash flashes, FRONT CAMERA MALFUNCTION SERVICE REQUIRED, COLLISIONWARNING NOTavailable etc car won't start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No, engine doesn't turn over. 2+years
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a2013, I have had it 2 years, it's probably the original battery.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes ma'am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are about to try to jump battery.
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: This is the first and only issue I have ever had.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Tom replied 4 months ago.
Ok this is most likely a bad battery.Anytime these cars get low voltage from the battery they go crazy and a simple battery change will fix this issue . Has the battery been tested?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, we are stranded right now , but we have someone coming to jump the battery. Will see if that starts car, then will purchase a new battery.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 months ago.
Ok this should fix your issue if the cells in the battery are dead then it will not accept the jump so be ready for that .If that's the case you will need to replace the battery and should fix your issue . This is the next step.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks .Bonuses greatly appreciate.Im here if you need any further assistance.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 months ago.
Hey me know if you need if you feed further assistance.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 months ago.