If you disconnected the battery and it still does not work then see if you can go into a self test and get any codes. Below is the procedure to self test the climate controller.
Front Panel DATC Module Self-Test (On-Demand Diagnostic Trouble Codes — DTCs)
On-demand DTCs are those that are reported by an ECU when a failure is detected while executing a diagnostic test. For the DATC module this means that all faults (hard) that occur while the module is conducting a self-test shall be reported as an on-demand DTC.
- The DATC module self-test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages such as engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. The scan tool must be used to retrieve these concerns.
- The vehicle interior temperature should be between 0-32°C (32-90°F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false temperature sensor DTCs may be displayed.
The DATC module self-test through the front panel display:
- can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
- is entered by pressing the OFF and DEFROST buttons simultaneously and then pressing the AUTO button within two seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
- concludes by reporting all on-demand DTCs. Follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION in the DTC index for each DTC given.
- reports individual on-demand DTCs as four-digit DTCs (less the alpha character).
- will calibrate all the mode doors and check all analog inputs. The DATC module will only report on-demand (hard) faults that occurred while the DATC module was conducting its self-test.
- will light all control panel display segments if no faults are detected.
- will report individual on-demand DTCs without the °C symbol lit.
To exit the self-test, press the defrost button. This will clear all on-demand codes from the DATC module memory. If no button is pushed, DTCs will continue to be displayed.
Upon exit from the self-test the DATC module returns to operational status. The DATC module executes a hard (cold boot) reset which places the DATC system in the OFF mode.
If a condition exists but no DTCs appear during the self-test, GO to Symptom Chart Condition: The DATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Incorrect Operation.
Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF).