Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Senior Master
9600325

Last week I took my car in to a auto shop to have front and

Customer Question

Last week I took my car in to a auto shop to have front and back Rotors and brake pads replaced on my 2007 Lincoln Navigator cost $1250. A couple days after getting my car back I noticed that smoke was coming from my front wheels so I took my SUV back to the shop and was told that my calipers were bad and that I would have to leave my car again to fully assess the problem. So I again left my SUV and about 4 hours later got a call from the repair shop that my calipers, brake pads and a rotor needed to be replaced. I was told that I would have to pay for the calipers but the shop would pay for the rotors and pads (cost $565). I felt I had no choice so I left my SUV for the needed repairs. I have had my SUV back for a couple of days and when I went out this morning and drove my car a couple of blocks my dish board indicator light came on and said that my brake fluid was low. Are these progression of problems normal or am I being ripped off here
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

It sounds to me like you are dealing with an incompetent repair facility. The chances of both front calipers failing at the same time are pretty low. The tech probably did not clean the anchor plate surfaces properly causing the pads to stick in the anchor plates and not release properly, resulting in the overheating of the front brakes. The fluid level should be checked in the master cylinder to see if it is low. It could have a leak or there might have been air trapped in a line that worked its way out causing the level to drop.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z