Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My wifes LS just shut down while she was driving. It would

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My wifes LS just shut down while she was driving. It would start but chugged with no power or rpm. When I got there it wont start. The codes shows Throttle Actuatot Control System forced limimted power, also fuel rail pressure sensor A circuit
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine cranks fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: I get a constant code about O2 sensor being slow.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!