Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I just recently changed my coils and plugs on my 2001

Customer Question

i just recently changed my coils and plugs on my 2001 lincoln navigator and i put everything back together and it just cranks with no start and i nailed it down to no spark
JA: What size is your engine? Have you checked the wires?
Customer: 5.4l how do i do that?
JA: What is the model of your '01 Lincoln?
Customer: base 2wd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i have fuel pressure but no spark but they are brand new plugs and wires
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

Usually, when an engine that was otherwise working fine won't start after being worked on, the cause can be traced to something that was left disconnected or damaged during that work.

However, if that's not the case with your Navigator, then we need to dig a little deeper into the issue. For example, you say there is fuel pressure; does that mean it's 35-45 psi Key On Engine Off? Also, other than no spark, are there any other conditions that may prevent the engine from starting? For example, is there injector pulse? Is engine compression more than 120 psi evenly across all cylinders?