HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have a 2011 MKX in the shop 2 amp parasitic battery drain,

Customer Question

I have a 2011 MKX in the shop for a 2 amp parasitic battery drain, pulls current for about 10 sec every 30 seconds. Pulling fuse 19 or 29 brings it down to .5 amp making me think it was the radio, but unplugging the radio did not stop it.
Removing a wire from one of the connectors on the SJB removes the drain completely but I don't have the connector numbering for the SJB so I don't have a good way to tell you which one.. I need help going from here as I don't have the wire diagrams for this car.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the newer model vehicles will show a draw for up to 45 minutes before dropping down to an acceptable draw level. Are you letting the vehicle sit during a draw test for this amount of time?Fuse 19 or 29 in the underhood or interior fuse paneL?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm letting it go to sleep, it will draw down a new Motorcraft battery overnight, the 2 amp bursts never quit. Fuse 19 and 29 are in the interior SJB.
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Ok it also has an amp on fuse 19, did you unplug the amp and no change or only the audio control module?

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

If you dont have the fuse information, here is the items indicated on those circuits.

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gene I'm sorry, but I'm at home, I'll be at work at 9AM CST tomorrow and will be able to go through this more with you then. Thanks for getting started with me here tonight.
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, just let me know if you need more help. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gene, I've been having trouble logging in here the last few days, I'm also an expert on here and the only way I could view my questions was as an expert, anyway, I've finally found my answer as a customer lol. I'm going to find where the amp is and unplug it and I'll be right back here with the results. Hope you're still around.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking for the amp, where is it located?
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

It looks like it is located behind the right rear panel in the hatchback area as shown in this attachment. What category are you working in on the site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse 19 does not lower the current draw at this point, it did before, but fuse 29 still does. I unplugged all the connectors on the amp and it did not change a thing. where do I look from here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the current draw graph with fuse 29 in, and the second one with it pulled. The first is around 2.2 A, the second is around .4
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Have you attempted to disconnect the other components on the circuit, the FCIM & FDCIM and APIM modules? Id probably lean towards an APIM module issue or sticking button on one of the forward control interfaces.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just noticed I'm having trouble with the unit saying "camera is not available at this time, please see your dealer" or something like that. I'm going to unplug the cam, and then the APIM and see what we get.