sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Auto liftgate won't stay closed on 2010 mkx....it just keeps

Customer Question

Auto liftgate won't stay closed on 2010 mkx....it just keeps opening and if I manually do it the inside dome lite stays on
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: No...haven't check either as I have a flat tire and waiting for roadside assistance. ..what fuse where or bulb
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want to be able to drive the car without dome light after flat tire repaired
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: No...just how can I turn the dome light off if I manually close lift gate
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you may have a bad ajar switch. The ajar switch not opening when the liftgate closes during a power cycle could cause the module to continue to try moving it, the dome lights staying on when you try to close it manually do point to a bad ajar switch or wiring issue.

When you close it manually it does stay closed?