Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

I have a 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Was in an accident which

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Was in an accident which blew the curtain airbag. Car ran fine even after the accident, but after it setting for a while, and all the modules, airbags, and seatbelts replaced, charging the battery back up, it doesn't seem to want to engage the main lithium hybrid batteries in order to make the car move. Could there be a blown fuse or something now?
JA: Sometimes replacing a blown fuse can be tricky -- checking with a mechanic is your best bet. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 300 is all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnecting all the batteries to try and reset the system, and tried several times to start. Nothing. I get the "Run Power Active" and "Stop Safely Now" alert on the dash.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: When I try to start the car, there is some sort of noise under the hood like a pump trying to start something that runs for 10-15 seconds, then quits.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The warning Run power Active and Stop Safely now come on when the system sees a fault and in order to begin to know what is causing this the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and the fault codes and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with them . I will see if I can help you get this resolved.