Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I have an 05 Lincoln Navigator w/134,000 miles. Air

Customer Question

I have an 05 Lincoln Navigator w/134,000 miles. Air suspension pump has been replaced. Worked fine for a few months, now the pump is not raising the vehicle and it just keeps running even when the ignition is turned off. I have checked the height adjusters and they move freely. Any other ideas on why the pump is running but not raising the vehicle?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: none
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the 2 front height sensors and the one in the rear and they move without binding.
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: Four days ago the right front had dropped all the way down. The left side and rear were fine. After driving it to work and back home both front and rear are all the way down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

When an air suspension compressor runs but does nothing as a result this means the compressor has faulty pistons internally or there is an air leak in the lines or the air bags. I prefer to disconnect the compressor and hook up a compressed air line to the system at about 20psi to listen for leaks. Also a soapy water bottle can be used to find leaks. Normally these are the issues with this symptom not a air spring solenoid, module or height sensor issue. In case you were not aware there is the option to convert to a spring suspension system. They are only about 600$.

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. When your ready please make sure to pick a rating. Rating is the only way I get compensated for helping. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris