James, Certified Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Ford/Lincoln Senior Master Technician

I have a 2000 Lincoln ls fan blower is not working. I

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Lincoln ls fan blower is not working. I replaced the resistor,relay, fuses, and the control board that adjusts the temp etc. I took the fan off and put 12v to it it turned fast as if on high speed please help.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
Hello, if you check for power at the blower motor do you not get any?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I put a small one lead light tester to ground I get a very dim light when I have fan control on the lower settings. As I increase the fan speed appx. 2 bars to highest speed I hear resister make a click and light tester light goes out. When I try to test power at plug that goes into fan by touching alligator clip to one terminal and light tester tip to other connector no light on tester. I also checked the relay socket at fusebox for power to ground and two terminals are showing power other two are not when I raise and lower fan speed.
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
it sounds like you have a broken wire between the blower resistor and the blower motor. Once you increase power it likely won't flow through the broken wire.