Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

2004 navigator power locks and driver side window not

Customer Question

2004 navigator power locks and driver side window not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: driver side power window not working and the power locks will not work with keyfob or with interior buttons
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes dont think its a key fob
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: all fuses and cleaned ground connections
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

The door locks and the driver window all receive power from the Vehicle security module (VSM). The fuse to the VSM is # ***** in the under dash fuse box. The first step is to check that fuse to see if it is blown.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Already went threw all fuses and cleaned body to ground connections
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Ok. Do you have a multi-meter or test light to check for voltage at fuse #30? If you have voltage then there is likely a break in the wire from the fuse to the VSM.

Trace the circuit from fuse 30. The Dark Green wire comes out of the inside fuse box on pin 8 of connector C270d, an 8-terminal connector on the rear of the fuse box. From there, it goes through pin 7 of C211, a 14-terminal connector behind the passenger side of the dash, above the VSM. It then runs to splice S391, near the bottom of the passenger side kick panel, where it split off to the VSM and to the driver window motor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok will try tomorrow morning and will let you know. Ty
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You mean. If I don't have voltage. Correct?
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

No, if you don't have voltage then the fuse box or the wire running to the fuse box is the problem. This fuse supplies voltage to the VSM so if you do have voltage there then you have to trace it to the VSM and see if the voltage is at the VSM as well. If not then the problem is in that wire or the harness to the VSM. If you have voltage at the VSM as well then the VSM could be faulty.

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Did you need any additional help with this?

If not, please don't forget to rate.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All set thank you I will. Was the window motor shot and corroded connections at the window motor
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you need help in the future.