Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

My 2003 Lincoln ls ac is not blowing cold air : fan works

Customer Question

my 2003 Lincoln ls ac is not blowing cold air
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: fan works fine but the air ac does not get cold. I push the ac button and turn to "auto". I just replaced the cabin filter.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: probably doubtful. I want to make sure it is done correctly.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

There could be several causes for your A/C to behave the way you describe. This being a computerized system, the first step in the diagnostic process would be to use a WDS or equivalent scan tool to retrieve data from the HVAC control module - that data determines what the next step would be as it will indicate whether the issue is electronic- or refrigerant-based.