EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

Lincoln mkt 2011 roof closes till about a foot away stops

Customer Question

Lincoln mkt 2011 roof closes till about a foot away stops then curtain will close. I think it needs to be resinked like it needs when you replace a roof motor. Do you know how to do that
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 51k ecobost
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. I'm hoping that this is a no tool repair. I think theres a away to reset the window thru ingnition switch and window switch
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: the window switch and the window tilt sw
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: its about to rain
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. There is a motor initialization procedure. If that is your problem and you would like to try to reinitialize it, here is the procedure:

Start the engine and allow the vehicle to run for one minute.

1. Pull and hold the roof opening panel control switch until the sliding glass panel is in the fully CLOSED position. Release the control switch.
  2. Pull and hold the roof opening panel control switch until the sunshade panels are in the fully CLOSED position. Release the control switch.
  1. Pull and hold the roof opening panel control switch (for at least 10 seconds).
    • For a new drive assembly, the sliding glass panel will move toward the front hard-stop, stall and then move backward a few millimeters and then forward.
    • For an existing drive assembly, the sliding glass panel will move toward the front hard-stop and stall.
    • The sunshade panels will move toward their front hard-stops, stall, move back a few millimeters, then forward.
    • After the sunshade panels have finished moving backward and forward, release the roof opening panel control switch.
  1. Pull and hold the roof opening panel control switch.
    • The sliding glass panel and sunshades will fully open together. Then, the sliding glass panel will start to close first and then the sunshades will return to the fully CLOSED position. When the sunshades have stopped moving, release the roof opening panel control switch.
  1. Initialization is now complete. Verify successful initialization by carrying out one-touch open, one-touch close, one-touch vent (glass) and one-touch open for the shades.

If roof opening panel does not operate correctly, repeat Steps 2 through 5.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.