Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

Ronnie, I have a 2003 Lincoln Navigator. AC gets cool but

Customer Question

Hello Ronnie,
I have a 2003 Lincoln Navigator. AC gets cool but not cold. I checked system pressure (with recharge can gauge) and its reads normal or blue about 36#. The low pressure line doesnt get cold like Im used to seeing on typical AC lines. Im very auto tech savy and don't want to take it to the Stealer at $129/hr labor but Im not so familiar with AC systems. All my reading suggest maybe an evaporator sensor or I think possibley the exapnsion valve is stuck open Im just not sure. Suggestions?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. We need to monitor both the high and low side pressures to accurately diagnose this. This will tell us if the compressor is weak, the freon is low or high, the freon is contaminated, there is a restriction in the system. Any way you can get me the high and low side max and min pressures at 1500 rpms on max AC blower speed 2 after about 5 minutes of run time? I will also need to know the ambient air temp and humidity during this test. I do not believe its the evaporator temp sensor unless the compressor keeps cutting off, staying off more than on. The evaporator lines should be about 36 degrees when working correct. A restricted expansion valve could be to blame. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris