Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Check engine light stays on and it will go in limp mode so I

Customer Question

Check engine light stays on and it will go in limp mode so I turn car off and restart it and it's fine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It slows down hate it when it happens on highway . Changed.hoses and we wanted to check fuel filter also so I wanted to know where it's located
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes only the simple if it's some thing really big no
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Gas cap .checked all hoses for leaks and checking oxygen sencors also
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: No I love my car . But l also want to be safe because when it goes in limp mode it always does at the worst time . I want it fixed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,In order to try and help you we need complete information,Year , make and model as we as engine size please.Do you know what the fault code and or codes are that are setting when the check engine light comes on?