EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite

Did self diag on hvac result was a string of codes b2799,2797,2796,2426,1264,

Customer Question

Did self diag on hvac result was a string of codes b2799,2797,2796,2426,1264, and 1242. AC blows hot!
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Actuators not working properly. Have no control over temp or vent selection. AC compressor is working. Fan speed working properly.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Working the controller while checking actuators response. Results were not very promising. Have been looking for a schematic to check possible ground, or connection issues. Haven't found a schematic yet. Will have to purchase a service manual from the dealership.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: Nothing I can think of!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.
Hi. The control head may be the problem. Is this dual climate control?
ALso what year and model Lincoln?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is! I have changed the controller already and no difference. I'm suspecting a wiring issue. Just my luck!
THen yes you need to check the power and grounds. But what year and model and I will check the code descriptions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Two of the codes are related to the driver and passenger coolant flow control valves. This could be an unplugged connector. And also the defrost door actuator circuit code and floor door actuator circuit code. You should check the wiring at the components for anything obvious. Also, have you checked all the fuses in the fusebox inside and in the trunk and under the hood? I can get wiring diagrams from the factory manual much cheaper than buying the books from Ford. They are offered through this chat in PDF format.
If you have more questions or need more info, please ask. Otherwise please rate my service and have a great day!