mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

All of a sudden lift gate ajar light keeps coming on, even

Customer Question

all of a sudden lift gate ajar light keeps coming on, even when it appears to be correctly closed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: as I said....all I know is indicator says (tailgate ajar) when its not
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: sorry ...which code?
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Lincoln Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I dont know.....im no mechanic....depends what it takes
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: not as it relates to his issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
what year and model lincoln is this in regards to?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2003
2003 lincoln what?? this normally occurs when the sensor switch for the tailgate is going bad. but without knowing what model it is i can not tell you whether that sensor is in the latch itself or independent from the latch.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2003 navigTor
ok on that one the sensor is in the latch mechanism itself and that will need to be replaced. they do not sell the sensor separately. if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.