Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Lincoln Town Car Signature: Just finished a full timing chain

Customer Question

Just finished a full timing chain kit repair and replace on a 2002 town car signature 4.6 and after driving it twice im receiving a blinking check engine light that doesnt blink continously but only periodically during the drive. Codes are po171 po301 po308 b1676 and b1869. It seems to me I'm looking at new plugs and coils and egr vapor canister on the first three codes. Does that sound accurate? And what is the fix on the battery voltage out of range and the airbag circuit high resistance?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The first thing that needs to be done here is to clear out all fault codes then re operate the vehicle and see which codes come back again.In allot of cases some of these codes may be old history codes that are no longer and issue and we want to make sure we are diagnosing the correct fault codes for this issue here.If you can get this done then post the codes that come up after this is done after a short drive this will help.If this has already been done let me know. Thanks Pete