Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system

Lincoln towncar: 1983 town car changed plugs rotor and cap

Customer Question

1983 town car changed plugs rotor and cap coil air filter and gas filter will start but runs very rough.max speed 25mph
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating... *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. ..…Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged. . . If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,