Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

The fuel tank got to sounding like someone was tapping a drum

Customer Question

the fuel tank got to sounding like someone was tapping a drum ever so often, when I would take the fuel cap it would have a pretty good vacuum going there. I put a new aftermarket fuel cap on and the thumping drum sound stopped but these vacuum when you take the fuel cap off got worse.now the service engine light is onand I had a scan done sad said an emissions code and clogged up tank vent. the car will die sometimes when the gas cap is taking off while it is running.. and it always has a terrible vacuum when you take the cap off . we only got the car and January and are trying to work the bugs out of it
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I am sorry butt I did not have the codes
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Lincoln Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can without much deep involvement
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: it seems to be using a little oil, it does not have blow by coming out of the oil fill cap, Iran Mobil 5000 high mileage the first change and it pulls three or four qts at during the three or four thousand milesmiles. engine sounds very tight I went 2 Pennzoil Platinum high mileage and the oil is very clean but it has pulled a qt outout is about 700 miles. As i said thereere is no blow byby and the engine has no ticks or rattles is 828000
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
What year and model Lincoln are you working on?