Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln town: multiple electrical problems does tht indicate

Customer Question

multiple electrical problems does tht indicate a computer failure or what does
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
EDIT WHAT??? I DIDNT EVEN OUTLINE IT...MULTIPLE ELECTRICAL ITEMS AND YOU HAVENT HEARD ANY
OF THEM...YOU CANT ANSWER WHAT YOU WERENT ASKED YET......DASHBOARD LCD LIGHTS FLICKER ALWAYS, HEADLIGHTS COME ON IN RAIN, A/C TURNS OFF AN ON BY ITSELF, EVEN WHEN I HIT A POTHOLE....THERE YOU GO
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. When you say dashboard, are you implying the instrument cluster or everything on the dash?Will the headlights come on in the rain with the headlight switch in the off position and with the wipers off?When you say the AC turns on and off are you saying the compressor or the complete climate control including the blower, and HVAC screen?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
.ALL GREEN NUMBERS/LETTERS ON UPPER RIGHT AND LEFT CLUSTERS COME AND GO...EVEN DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY OR COME BACK COMPLETELY. I GUESS YOU CALL THAT THE CLUSTERS...SHOWS THE SPEED, THE GAS INFORMATION/TRIP INFO/DOOR AJAR AND THE LIKE.....THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS ARE THE GAS GAUGE AND TEMP GAUGE NEEDLES...WHICH ARE ACTUAL NEEDLES.....HITTING THE TOP OF THE DASH MAKES GREEN LETTERS/NUMBER JUMP AROUND//CHANGE....I THOUGHT IT WAS A LOOSE WIRE IN DASHTHE HEADLIGHTS ARE OFF AND COME ON BY THEMSELVES...FLIPPING THE SWITCH AROUND CHANGES NOTHING ABOUT THEM, LIKE JUST PARKING- LIGHTS - ONLY IDEA....HAVE TO TURN OFF CAR TO GET THEM OFF TOO...THE SIGNAL STALK STILL FUNCTIONS...BRIGHTS/LOWS.......NOT SURE ABOUT WIPERS, BOTH OFF/ON I THINK AS....I USE THEM SPARINGLY SO I AM GUESSING ITS BOTH ON AND OFF FOR THEM..THE COMPRESSOR ISNT GETTING ANY JUICE....THE BLOWER WORKS AND GREEN SCREEN HVAC
SHOWS ALL GOODIES..
I HIT A POTHOLE YESTERDAY AND COMPRESSOR CAME ON...SLAMMED HOOD CLOSED TODAY, IT CAME ON. ALSO....IT STARTED WITH THE COMPRESSOR TAKING FIVE MINUTES TO ***** WHICH IT STILL DOES ALMOST CONSTANTLY WHENEVER I START THE CAR.....IT ALSO QUITS THE COOL ON THE HIGHWAY BUT KICKS BACK IN ON THE LOCAL STREETS JUST THE OTHER DAY....RARELY DOES THE A/C COME ON SAME TIME I START ENGINE..BUT IT HAS....
ALSO MY HVAC
HEAT OVER WINTER WOULD NECESSITATE HIGHER SETTING MANUALLY TO GET THE HEAT I USED TO....
..I NEED A GOOD FIVE DEGREES OR MORE SHOWING FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF BLOWN AIR TEMP PREVIOUS TO A/C PROBLEM....BOTH A/C PROBLEM AND HEAT PROBLEM STARTED SAME TIMEIN FACT, ALL THREE OF THESE THINGS STARTED JUST ABOUT THE SAME TIME LATE LAST YEAR.....CLUSTERS JUMP AROUND ALL THE TIME.....A/C COMES AND GOES ALL THE TIME.....AND LIGHTS MALFUNCTION ALMOST EVERY TIME IT RAINS.......HOPE ALL THIS IS CLEAR...I TALKED WITH YOU LAST YEAR AND YOU SAID THE HVAC NEEDED A DIAGNOSTICS....A MECHANIC TOLD ME THE COMPRESSOR WASNT GETTING ANY VOLTAGE BUT HE WONT BE ABLE TO MESS WITH TRACING WIRES UNTIL NEXT WEEK.....HE PUT A LIGHT ON THE CONNECTOR.....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
IM STILL WAITING......YOU ASKED FOR MORE DETAILS, YOU GOT IT AND YOU STILL HAVENT ANSWERED...READ IT ABOVE...YOU KEEP SENDING EMAILS THAT YOU RESPONDED.....I DONT SEE IT LOOK ABOVE YOU HAVENT ANSWERED ANYTHING YET..... STILL WAITING...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
YOU GOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR YOU KEEP SENDING POINTLESS EMAILS....WHERE IS THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM YOU SENT...NOT HERE YOUVE BEEN PAID ALREADY..YOU WOULDNT HAVE THE CARD AND THIS IF YOU
HADNT......THIS IS SAME SICKNESS AS LAST YEAR.......GREAT ORGANIZATION.....WHERE IS YOUR ANSWER
IT ISNT HERE IS IT....LOOK ABOVE....YOU ASKED FOR MORE...YOU GOT IT....NOW WHAT
Thanks for the details, to diagnose these issues we need to do alot of wire testing with a digital volt ohm meter. Do you own one and know how to use it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have one I can buy one but I'm sure it takes more and one person I know what you're talking about but I have no idea what sockets to stick it in mechanic already said compressor isn't getting any juice until it clicks on by its own why doesn't do it in the first place what's wrong with the wires short circuit? And then what do you do stringwire and why does this stuff start working if I hit a pothole or the mechanic slams The Hood down something's not connected like my dashboard cluster lights let me know what you would actually do so I can look and see that it's probably not going to happen not by me but feel free to say anything more why not
Sorry I do not believe I will have the time to teach how to diagnose these concerns based on your skills. This is going to take alot of work on your side and alot of wire diagram explanation on this side. I like to diagnose and fix, not just make educated guesses which are often wrong. I am going to opt out and see if another wants to give this a shot. Best of luck.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I told you I'm not going to do it myself but you were free to say anything more what I'd like to know is what you have an answer why would it come on the AC if I hit a pothole or the hood is slammed when it usually comes on after 45 minutes anyway
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That should say 4 to 5 minutes not 45 when the AC hasn't come on by hitting a pothole or slamming the hood kicks on the compressor what are your thoughts on that