Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln_vehicle_mechanic

I am having difficulty getting a replacement hitch

Customer Question

I am having difficulty getting a replacement hitch for a 2003 Lincoln Navigator. The replacement seems to be back ordered by your company. An attempt to purchase an
aftermarket has me finding that the wrong configuration keeps surfacing. This is an older vehicle at this point and I am not adversed to finding something in the after market at this point. It's just that I'm having difficulty finding the one that fits the 03'.
Any ideas?
Tom B
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
First of all, we are not a company that sells any parts. Did you try, cause they have a Part Number: BL3Z-19F503-A, a Motorcraft Gooseneck Trailer Hitch listed for $24.80 and it says nothing about it being backordered.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
This page lists them all,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry if I wasn't clear...I need the entire receiver. All after market ones that I see are not configured like the one one my truck. Ford guy at Hempstead Ford Lincoln on Long Island, NY say's that they show it back ordered. By the way, I thought that I was dealing with Ford/Lincoln here??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There appears to be an issue with attempting to get a receiver that is configured for my truck. I didn't come into your site to ask where I find a goose neck. I need to replace my receiver and Ford does not have it. Sorry to have gotten you in the middle of this if you are not Ford.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
They list the2L3Z-19A282-AATrailer Hitch Drawbar$137.16
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
No, we are not Ford or Lincoln.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
You know, a lot of times if you type in that ford or Lincoln part number into google, you can find the oem motorcraft part sold elsewhere, such as