A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

1995 Lincoln town car, none of the lights work, already replace

Customer Question

1995 Lincoln town car, none of the lights work, already replace switches etc. to no avail
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: headlights, tail lights, brake lights, no lights working. replaced headlight switch, turn signal and multi function switch, nothing seems to work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the headlight switch and the turn signal multi functional switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: before we go further, what is this info going to cost me
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lincoln Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: at one time the high beam on the headlight would come on but the low beam wouldn't...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are there any relay or fuses that would cause those kind of results. None of the manuals I have show anything specifically related to the problem
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.
More than likely your LCM (Lighting Control Module) has failed and it controls all the light for the vehicle.First check fuses #6,#9,#12 and #15 in the dash fuse box. if all those fuses are good, replaced the LCM which is located under the drivers side of the dash to the passenger side of the steering column.