Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Visit 1: Clicking in dash. Replaced blend door Actuator. AC

Customer Question

Visit 1: Clicking in dash. Replaced blend door Actuator. AC would blow warm/humid intermittently (every several days, not daily). I took it in to get it looked at. AC filter replaced, Low Side Charge Port leaking and replaced Port Core, vacuumed system and performed leak test. Recharged system w R134. Took home and AC was worse with cooling than cycled to not cooling at all, loud noise (sounded like a jet engine, even after car turned off momentarily. Visit 2: Replaced cooling fan assembly. Brought home AC still starts blowing cold and then cycles to humid warm temp. Won't hold cooling temp. Cycles humid/warm air and cool air intermittently still and various temps.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want it fixed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: It is a Lincoln MKT 2011
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, what you are describing is a restriction in the system - either the condenser or the expansion valve. If you have a garden hose and someone with you that can sit in the vehicle to monitor the ac, we can do a quick test to find out which one is the culprit
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks