Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

Chrank but will not stay running JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

chrank but will not stay running
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: crank but will not stay running
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at sussing out engine issues, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: check fuel pressure and it was 40 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, Ok, first, I need to know the year, model and engine size of your lincoln. Second, how long does the engine run - a couple of seconds, a couple minutes Is the security/antitheft light on solid or blinking, or does it go off after a few seconds
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2004 Lincoln ls 3.0 just crank for asecond ligh t solid
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, do you have a spare key and have you tried it yet
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no I do not have a spare key
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, Ok, I believe this is an immobilizer fault which is not my speciality. I will open this up to other experts to see if one can help you on this
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  HDGene replied 5 months ago.
Hello, let me see if I can help you, so the engine cranks over normally or just for a second and stops cranking? You said that when you turn the key to on the THEFT lamp comes on and stays on steady? You have 40 psi of fuel pressure, does it hold steady or come up and then bleed off? The vehicle ran fine before this issue, didnt have any warning lamps on? Have you run a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool?