Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln_vehicle_mechanic
20625509

I caknt get my shifter out of park and im hitting the break JA:

Customer Question

i caknt get my shifter out of park and im hitting the break
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: gearshift not releasing when brake is pushed.
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at getting to the bottom of issues -- including brake-related ones -- and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best mechanic for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: resisting the computer but unhooking battery, pushing brake in several times, moving gear shift.
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: not that i know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
First of all, make sure the stoplamps are working because usually that shift lock solenoid is on the same circuit and if the stoplamps aren't working, check the fuse.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
Was it just the fuse blown?Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask.