Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I have a 2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier. It was running great

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier. It was running great until everything shut down on way to work. I drive a semi and our mechanic from work did a diagnostic and he said that the anti theft system had shut down the car. is there anyway to disable the anti theft system to get my car to start again?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: we tried replacing fuses and we also disconnected battery cable and then reconnected them.
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 5 months ago.
Hello, do you know what types of codes were stored to indicate a problem with the anti theft system? The PATS system will not shut the car off, only prevent the vehicle from starting