Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

02 Lincoln LS 3.9 V8 overheating. Some days its fine, but

Customer Question

02 Lincoln LS 3.9 V8 overheating. Some days its fine, but others it not. Looks like the same symptoms from other posts. Fluids not leaking from anywhere. No issues with the head gaskets. I've changed the thermostat. I just wondering how much does the hydraulic clutch motor cost and the degree of repairing it myself?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: what do I exactly get?
JA: Watching the temperature gauge creep up into the red is never fun. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with overheating troubles. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I pretty much work on my vehicle myself depending on the problem and how much free time I have.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far I have changed the thermostat out and checked for leakage. I also topped off the power sterring fluids.
JA: Is there anything else the Lincoln Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: Besides the fact I didn't realize the whole system is pressurize and gave me a 2nd degree burn after taking the cap off???? Nahhhhhhh............the vehicle mechanically is sound, without any other issues.
JA: Huh? OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.I agree with you in that the symptoms do point to a bad HCF motor and so does Ford/Lincoln, that's why they issued a technical service bulletin (TSB) to that respect (see attached).The motor can be purchased online for around $400 (click here for sample vendor site). Removal and installation instructions are included in the TSB.Please let me know if further assistance is needed.Best Regards.
Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now.If it didn't, please reply.Best Regards.