rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Have a 08 mkx that's overheating JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

Have a 08 mkx that's overheating
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Only overheat when the car is stopped and ac blow warm air. Just put 2 fans and a thermostat on it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: The fan seems to be coming on but doesn't stay on long
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fan is only staying on about 3-4 second
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.The fan is controlled by a temp or coolant sensor. This sensor is obviously out of calibration causing a short fan cycle.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is located at
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Either on the radiator top side or near the T stat housing. It will be a 2 wire connector. I'm not at my database right now.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron