rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I parked my 2008 Lincoln MKX with 26,000 miles in the garage

Customer Question

I parked my 2008 Lincoln MKX with 26,000 miles in the garage Saturday at 7:00 pm. Everything was fine and working. Tuesday morning at 8:30 am I go to start it and when I open the door, everything is dead. I try to start it with by 50 amp booster starter and when I hook it up nothing happens. I charged the battery for about three hours and still it is just as dead. Any idea what could be going on?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is just a battery or fuse, yes, otherwise no.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: Nothing out of the ordinary was going on when I parked it, had it serviced about three weeks ago and it was fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.It appears that something was either left on or there is a draw on the system. After checking for something being on first, then here is an attachment to find a draw.Thanks, Ron