HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

Its a 2004 and the rear suspension wont go down when the car

Customer Question

Its a 2004 and the rear suspension wont go down when the car is off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well the rear is up the front is down the car tells me the suspension is ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes i was think about driving around until it goes down but its to bouncy
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning on and of the suspension in the rear no luck
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: No only that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 7 months ago.
Hello, what kind of lincoln is this, a town car? a navigator? The front suspension is flat( 4 wheel air suspension) and the rear is maxed out up. Was any repairs done recently and now you are having this issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2004 navigator***** and no work done recently all 4 air suspension i can hear the compressor working
Expert:  HDGene replied 7 months ago.
Ok with the front being down and the rear jacked up either there is an issue with a height sensor or an air suspension leak. Take a look at the height sensors there is one in the rear and one in the front on either side for a total of 3. Make sure they are all hooked up to the suspension. If disconnected see if they will reconnect if not broken. If they look ok then its a possible leak in the front system. See if the bags are deflated or holding air. Other than that you would need a scan tool to actuate each air spring to do further testing.
Expert:  HDGene replied 7 months ago.
Hello, do you need more help with this concern?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well the air suspension in the rear exploded on one side. The other side is still full of air
Expert:  HDGene replied 7 months ago.
Ok so you lost an air spring. You can either repair the air suspension which can be costly or opt with a air suspension conversion to coil springs which would be cheaper and prevent other air suspension problems in the future