ironmike
ironmike, MASTER TECH ASE /FORD
Experience:  30 years, Ford master certified
11302663

I've changed everything from thermostat housing assembly to

Customer Question

I've changed everything from thermostat housing assembly to coils to even radiator flush but etc engine fail safe mode still comes up after running the car.I have an 03 ls
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: From cold start it runs perfect. Get the engine temp to normal, shut the car off start it again etc engine fail safe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: No that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ironmike replied 7 months ago.
greetings, what engine do you have?
Expert:  ironmike replied 7 months ago.
If you have the 8 cylinder 3.9L there is a cylinder head temp sensor that can go bad. It is under the intake manifold on the passenger side head.
Expert:  ironmike replied 7 months ago.
I have seen these sensor go bad after the engine running hot and some just fail under normal engine operation.