Experience:  30 years, Ford master certified

I'm Walter. I have a 2005 Lincoln LS and the ABS light

Customer Question

Hello, I'm Walter. I have a 2005 Lincoln LS and the ABS light stays on and the Traction Control light comes on intermittently with the check advanced trac message.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: About a week ago the ABS light started coming on intermittently. Then the traction control light and check advanced track message started coming on with but only sometimes. Not always. Both lights would go out after driving a couple of blocks. After parking the car for a while the ABS light would come back on when started up again. The ABS light is now staying on all the time but traction control is intermittent light is intermittent. This has been for about two days now.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope to.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: It only has 50,200 miles on and most of the service has been done by Ray Pearman Lincoln Mercury dealer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
greetings, Is there any way you can get the vehicle scanned for trouble codes? not all scanners will be able to check for ABS codes. many parts stores will scan for free, you can call and ask if they can check for ABS codes. If you get the codes we can do some tests which cam point to what the cause is.
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
the fault could be a wheel speed sensor or tone ring that has failed. trouble codes can identify which wheel.