James, Certified Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Ford/Lincoln Senior Master Technician

Pushed start button went err,err, tried again no , third time

Customer Question

pushed start button went err,err, tried again no , third time it just managed to start drove for 15 minuts. then two days latters the same thing but it strarted,has bin good for 20 starts or so. wondering when it will leave me walking.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. if not to much elc testing tools needed
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: one thing the seconed time it started there was a load puf or pop from under dash or behind the sync. do not what that was for.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Hello, what year is this vehicle? When it happens does it say key not detected?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
did not get a report as off 5/1/2016/ :9:58. from james owens. _ jim zazula ph#(###) ###-#### *****:***@******.*** thanks jim
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Did not get a report for what? I thought you were going to get a test light to test the starter?
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.
Wrong question. I asked you a question about your issue and never received a response. Without knowing accurate information I can't really help.