A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

Lincoln Continental: My 2001 Lincoln Continental leaks in the

Customer Question

My 2001 Lincoln Continental leaks in the passenger rear floor and the engine control module malfunctions after any rain over an inch or so.... Then have to wait a few days and everything works fine. Is the water coming into the car causing the ECM to get wet??? What is my recourse??
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.
Check and see if the carpet on the passenger side is wet underneath the carpet. We have seen problems with the wiper cowl panel where the fresh air intake is for the AC system rusting out and allowing water to leak inside the vehicle through the cowl panel. Check for a build up of leaves and debris under the wiper cowl panel. The PCM (Engine Computer) is mounted in this same area.