Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Lincoln MKZ: I have a 2013 lLincoln MKZ first I noticed the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 lLincoln MKZ first I noticed the "check adaptive headlights" message then I noticed I have no turn signals and also no steering wheel controls.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Have you had the fault codes checked at all with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no I don't have a scan tool. Just had car at Lincoln dealer for oil change and tire rotation this past Friday seems like a coinceodencethat this happened today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is probably nothing else I can do. right??
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately what would have to happen here first is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue.This may be a fault with the body control module internally as it controls and monitors the head lights and other lights that are acting up here as well is tied into the steering wheel controls.I have seen this module fail in the past before needing replaced.I dont think this is anything the dealer had done when doing the oil change and tire rotation.If the body control module does need replaced it has to be programmed by a dealer unfortunately to operate properly in your model here.I suspect this is the cause of the faults here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete