Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs experience, all aspects of diagnostic and repairs

Lincoln Navigator: I have a 2003 lincoln navigator and can't

Customer Question

I have a 2003 lincoln navigator and can't get into the hood. I pull the hood release but nothing happened. No sound or nothing. I can't find the hood release on the driver side top of the head light. My car won't start and I'm trying to charge the battery and lincoln dealership service department is closed in weekend. I should have been took it took it to the dealership to see how to open the hood smh.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Hello, When you pulled the inside handle, is hood open slightly>?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No not at all. On the passenger side the hood is down a little pass where it's supposed to be regularly but that's not a issue
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
ok, if hood did nothing when you pulled the release? it is supposed to open slightly so you can slide the secondary release, or safety as they call it, so, when you pulled the inside handle, hood was to open slightly. If not? then you need to pull that handle again, hold it, then have another person try hitting on front ceneter edge of the hood, it could be slightly stuck and also try pushing down hard on front edge of hood while inside handle is pulled, If it will not pop, then something is stuck and not much you can do without a shop, they will have to do what they can to trip the hood, if you can get it to pop by doing what I mentioned? then you go to the release lever, it is yellow but on the passenger side, Here is a file showing how to open the hood. Its not possible for me to say if say cable is broken but.. I am thinking and hopeing hood just stuck some so have to do the 2 person try as mentioned