HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician

Getting a p0775 code on my 2004 Ford Explorer. I changed the

Customer Question

Getting a p0775 code on my 2004 Ford Explorer. I changed the solenoid pack oil and filter. Still getting code p0775. What next
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Shifts hard in first gear. O/D light flashes and will not go into overdrive
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 6 months ago.
Ok this code says it is a open or short to battery power, it maybe due to a wiring issue at the transmission bulkhead connector that bolts down to the solenoid body. Or from the trans to the pcm or pcm itself. You would need to inspect and load test the wiring between the engine and trans. A common issue is corrosion isnide the trans bulkhhead connector from water leaking into the connector from the ac drain. If this looks like it has corrosion it can cause a voltage drop and this concern. Im assuming you didnt see any major debris or metal in the trans pan when you removed it to replace the solenoid body and torque the body down properly. Depening on the mileage these transmissions have lots of other issues from hanging up servo pistons to apply either of the 2 bands for intermediate and overdrive and sometimes a spring can break or valve hang up in the main control valve body causing these types of codes. So a total inspection of everything would be required for a process of elimination.
Expert:  HDGene replied 6 months ago.
Hello, do you need more help or information?