tims auto repair
tims auto repair, Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years

Lincoln Continental: I have a 1999 Lincoln Continental, and

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Lincoln Continental, and I have been receiving error codes p1131 and p0135. As I understand, these codes involve the bank 1, sensor 1 O2 sensor. I have replaced the sensor with a new OEM sensor (I checked the resistance on the new sensor to ensure it is good). Also, I checked the voltage on the harness, and it is outputting 12 volts.
Is it possible there is a problem with the wiring harness connector itself? I cannot see where the bank 1 sensor 1 harness actually connects to see if there is a bad connection.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Tim, great, thank you. I look forward to your reply.
this does seem to be bad wiring to the 02 sensor.i can give you a diagram/diagrams that may hep you trace down the problemPLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]. the link doesn’t work that way, try it this If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the information and diagrams. Do you have an actual image (under the hood picture / diagram) of where the bank 1 sensor 1 o2 sensor harness actually connects? When I am under the car and try to follow the wire, I cannot see where it actually connects to/ ends up.If you cannot send me an actual image, can you tell me which specific component the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor harness connects to?
i am looking for a picture on my computer,,stand by
sorry i do not have a picture..
the o2 sensors connect directly to the pcm[computer]
a wire problem can be just about anywhere,,all yo can do here is to start testing the wiring from the 02's back to the computer