Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln Navigator: John I got a p0303 code and

Customer Question

I got a p0303 code for misfire and then got other random cylinder misfires as well. Disconnected battery and cleared codes and ran sea foam through at recommendation of oreillys. Now I got the p0171 code. The engine runs very rough, slow to accel and has a sputter at about 2k rpm when trying to accel. Recommendations?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. If your due for new plugs, start there. For this lean code bank one passenger side of the engine for cylinders 1234. Use brake cleaner and spray short bursts around the intake and vacuum lines to see if the engine rpms change indicating you have sprayed a leak. The next step would be a power balance test to check your coils to see if any are weak. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try this and let you know how it goes. Also a fuel psi test was recommended?
If your only getting a lean code on one bank, I do not normally jump to needing to check the pressure. Pressure normally effects both banks.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris