Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

2000 Lincoln ls. Sit ovet winter. Before starting replaced

Customer Question

2000 Lincoln ls. Sit ovet winter. Before starting replaced battery. Vehicle started right up, ideled 20 minutes, drove around block couple times, went to fill half tank with new premium gas, drove half block, car stalls and can't restart it. Any suggestions?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Fuel filter, fuel pump relay, hope not Fuel pump
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Brand new. 3 days old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lincoln Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Blew air down an air valve that had fuel on it. Car started twice, wouldn't idle over long with foot on accel.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 6 months ago.
Hello, did the battery go dead so when you turn the key to on you have no power? Or does it crank over normally but wont start and run? Do you have good fuel pressure at the fuel rail?