Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My name is ***** ***** .. I got a Lincoln Navigator

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** .. I got a Lincoln Navigator 2003 the problem is that the truck won't start the motor don't spin when I insert the key to the start positron. And in the dashboard says. Error check parking assistance I hope you can help me!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Truck won't start at all .. When I turn the key to the start position nothing happen.. No crank not even a noose from the motor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. With the key in the run position is the check engine light on and the theft lights off?Is the battery voltage good at 12.6 volts?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the dash board says PRNDL error check park assist.. Is what it says when the key is in run position
Are you able to respond on the 2 questions I asked?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
And also with the key In run position the theft lights is on !
Does the theft light remain on or flash rapid with the key in the run position?Do you own a test light or volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No still flashing like normal .. And yes I got the a test light. What you think is wrong?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks
We have to diag to see what is wrong.Use the diagrams below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/03start.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/03startlocation.pnghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/3087.pngRemove the starter relay. See if pin 30 is power. Hold the key in the start position and see if pin 86 is power (I doubt its going to be. Turn the key on and jump a paper clip briefly from pin 30-87 does it crank and start? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris