A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

I'm Ferni, I was wonder how to find a key that is lost.

Customer Question

Hi. I'm Ferni, I was wonder how to find a key that is lost. I have one my mom has another one. But she wants both. Some one might of grab it from my keychain and can't find it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well the truck is a 2008 Lincoln truck. And I was wondering how to find the other lost key
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
There are no known ways to locate a lost key for a Ford/Lincoln vehicle. Only by looking for it visually. We have no key locating devices and the factory keys do not produce a signal that any thing could pick up unless one of the buttons on the key is pressed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for you help.
Your welcome. Sorry it wasn't better news.