rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

1998 Lincoln continual when the car warm up the idle drop under

Customer Question

1998 Lincoln continual when the car warm up the idle drop under 7000 rpm
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.7000 RPM's is way too high. If you meant 700, then look for a vacuum leak and clean the throttle body.Thanks, Ron