Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435
Lincoln

Lincoln MKT: 2010 Lincoln MKT: push Button Start..won't start..tried

2010 Lincoln MKT: push Button... Show More
2010 Lincoln MKT: push Button Start..won't start..tried all suggestions, jump start, key in console. Everything powers up. just won't start
Category: Lincoln
replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Are you able the get it into the run position where as the warning indicator light up?At any point is the theft light flashing rapid 3 times a second?Do you get the same results with both key fobs?Will it at least crank?
Customer reply replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Yes the theft light is flashing.
Yes to both key fobs.
It will not crank. Even tried jumping off. Battery checks good.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the update. With the theft light flashing rapid it will not start. The computer thinks your a thief from a PATS system component that is not working correct. A scan tool with programming capability is needed at this time. For most car owners with this issue, a tow to the dealer is required. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer reply replied 8 months ago.
I double checked this morning. Sorry the theft light is not flashing rapidly. Disconnected the battery still nothing.
Thanks for checking that again. Below are 3 links. One is how Ford wants this diagnosed, another is the wire diagram, and another is the starter relay location. I would like you to get it into the run position, remove the starter relay under the hood and briefly touch a paper clip to pins 3 and 5 to see if it will crank and start.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/mktnostart.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/mktstartwire.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/mktBJB.png
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating at the top of your screen was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris