A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Today my Lincoln 2002 ls just quit at red light, after

Customer Question

today my Lincoln 2002 ls just quit at red light , after turning it off and restarted it it ran alright till I got home . what do you think happened ,was the first time for that?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 8 months ago.

W was it doing till you turned it off?
Running rough?
Rolling idle?
Low idle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it was running normal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that was not an answer, it was a question
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
mr. penland you did not have an answer for me , you had 3 questions

I like to ask questions to help me better answer your question since I personally cannot see or drive your vehicle. It could be a bad throttle body, but before any repairs, I would recommend having the vehicle tested for trouble codes and post them on this page. Any repair shop you take it to will do the same thing first. Check for trouble codes which will help narrow down and hopefully pin point the cause of your problem. Any auto parts store will check for trouble codes for free. Please do not go and replace your throttle body just because I mentioned it. You could have an electrical issue, and the codes will tell us where to look.