Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2004 lincoln navigator the entire suspension

Customer Question

I have a 2004 lincoln navigator the entire suspension dropped compressor was dragging changed out the back went up but goes up extremely high the front stays down ..i un clipped all height sensors when i move the rear i get a noise when i move front right i get a noise when i move left i get nothing the front right was stiff so i changed no luck front still down..
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

We need to see which codes are stored and perform a re calibrate on the height sensors first. Do you have a scan tool which can do that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No scan tool

You will not be able to address this issue without a scan tool since this is a module controlled system.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
C1726 c1770 c1830 b1318 c1725 u2235
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Those are the codes i know i caused some of them by unplugging sensors and the compressor now the ..the front aired up today but you hear a click and both front lower then they air up again..and keep repeating that

Can you reassemble everything. Remove both battery cables and hold them together for one minute then reconnect. Start and drive the vehicle 5 times for at least 3 minutes each time. Then re-scan it to see which codes are stored.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im not going go pay again to get those codes read but the battery was removed and reinstalled after i put it back together it wasnt driven but twice tho is there anything i can check

So would you like all the Ford diag steps for those codes even though some may lead you down a path not needed since you may have caused some of the codes and they are not real faults.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im mechanicaly knowledgeable but i dont have all the tools thats needed to fo all those different test i would like to know what will cause the front shocks to let the air out i clearly hear the solonoid release the air..

Since the solenoids on the air shocks are opening and letting the air out that means they are being commanded to do so from the air suspension modules reading of the height sensors.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris