Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I am requiring some help with a 06 Lincoln Navigator

Customer Question

Hello I am requiring some help with a 06 Lincoln Navigator
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you describe to me what kind of help you are looking for here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was doing some Hvac work to fix some problems with it. this involves ripping the dash out or at least this is what i did the steering column was out for a bit. The steering position sensor was the only one that got disconnected in circuits that had some ABS codes as a result of some of the work. codes that i'm trying to clear/fix that came up after re installation of everything areU1901, B2736, C2777, C1998
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Have you cleared out these fault codes then turned the key back on or started the vehicle to see which codes come back or if all of these codes come back on again?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I attempted clearing codes they will not clear U1901 is a code for the Can system code failure to calibrate yaw sensor is what the reader tells me. B2736 is for pedal travel sensor that was never touched and worked prior, C2777 sensor cluster bus failure to I think its the passenger side air bag curtain also never touched or disconnected, C1998 is a failed re calibration by a module.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Have you tried to recalibrate the sensor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No not sure that I can how do you do that?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

This has to be done with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can perform this calibration function.This may take a dealers or repair facilities scan tool plugged into your model to recalibrate the sensor assembly.Once this is done then the codes need cleared out to see if any return at all.What I gather from these codes is this sensor needs calibrated first with this type of scan tool and should correct the issues here as well as other codes.

This has to be done any time you replace or unplug this sensor unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete